Learn how to play sound through headphones and speakers with this simple 9 step guide.
Sound is one of the most important aspects of any video game. Whether you’re playing alone or with friends, sound helps to set the mood and establish a sense of immersion.
This step-by-step guide will teach you how to play sound through your headphones as well as speakers simultaneously without having to unplug anything.
I’ll share how to do so on a Windows 10 PC or laptop…
The steps are as follows:
1. Go on the Taskbar and right-click on the volume icon as shown in picture 1.
2. Then click on “Sounds” as shown in picture 2.
3. After that click on “Playback” (picture 3)
4. Then you need to do these changes:
1st Right-click on “Speakers” and make sure that both “show disabled devices” and “show disconnected devices” are checked (picture 4)
5. Then right-click again on “Speakers” and click “Set as Default Device” (picture 5)
6.Right-click on “Headphones” and click “Set as Default Communication Device” (picture 6)
7. Then you go to the “recording” tab and double click on “Microphone” (picture 7)
8. Go to the “Listen” tab and check “Listen to this device”
Select “Headphones (High definition audio device)” then click “APPLY” and “OK” (picture 8)
This will make the microphone listen while the speaker is playing.
9. Another good thing to do is:
Go to “communication” and make sure the “Do nothing” button is checked (picture 9)
If you have followed all steps correctly this will force the sound to play through both headphones and speakers.
Read Also: 6 Ways on How to Make Headphones Louder